How to Manage a Hybrid Workforce with 4 Key Software Functions

1.7.2016, Written by Annie Wang

How to manage a hybrid workforce with four key software functionsThis article was originally published online by The Business Journals.

Let’s say your organization is typical: 70 percent of your staff consists of W2 workers and the remaining 30 percent are independent contractors. Next, apply the fact that nearly 37 percent of your employees work remotely at least once a week (a national average according to Gallup’s latest survey).

With this hybrid group of workers in place, how do you and your management team manage all the work? Can you be more efficient in managing your complete workforce?

The answer is a resounding “yes.”

Today’s workforce management solutions let you maximize your entire workforce while streamlining operations, reducing wasted time, and lowering labor costs. The key is finding reliable, “always-on” software tools that will respond to your organization’s unique scheduling, tracking, managing, and payroll processes.

As you evaluate platform options, make sure the solution you choose provides the visibility, accountability and control measures you need to meet your business’s unique workforce needs.

Such platforms are rare at this stage, but the best ones enable you to accomplish these four important workforce demands:


1) Manage:

Choose a platform that fosters collaboration between your internal and extended workforce through a single administrative platform that provides a consolidated view of business. This includes the ability to manage all employee profiles and work history using one system. It also ensures consistency in training, availability, and certification across the workforce.


2) Deploy:

The best workforce management platforms support large-scale projects that require a mix of highly skilled contractors and W2 employees — all while reducing the amount of administrative tasks required of managers. Platforms that feature automated workflows and customized workforce selection criteria will lead to faster implementation, while assignment bundle capabilities will boost the efficiency and effectiveness of contractors.


3) Streamline:

The best platforms facilitate the flow and quality of work by leveraging the standardized processes and deliverables that are built into the software. With helpful tools like marketplace data about pricing trends and viewing user ratings, your managers will make more informed staffing decisions that ultimate save your organization money.


4) Measure:

With any software solution, your team wants the ability to control project results and timelines using information served up in single, customizable online dashboards. With this level of real-time data, project managers get increased visibility and accountability through workforce utilization comparisons. These actionable insights about the workforce, project budgets and deliverables ultimately help improve business processes.

As you will soon discover, a workforce management platform helps you save money by optimizing supply and demand for your team, regardless of whether the employees are internal or contingent workers, regardless of whether they are an internal or contingent worker. Plus, it streamlines your management processes and gives you the valuable insights you need for better decision-making.

By combining your workers, processes and data in an integrated, automated way, you will leapfrog your competition with market advantages that include efficiency, speed and the ability to maximize the workforce.



This article was originally published online by The Business Journals and was written by Mynul Khan, founder and CEO of Field Nation.