Why is this role important to Field Nation?
As a Product Company, making technology quick, seamless and reliable is at the core of what makes us successful. Using a DevOps mindset, this role is key to hitting our desired uptime goal and ensuring changes to our platform are delivered in a timely manner. This is a newly created position and is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside Lead Site Reliability Engineer as part of a scrum team
- Monitoring a complicated microservice environment.
- Maintaining deploying infrastructure with automation.
- Maintain and evolve continuous integration and continuous deployment process.
- Work closely with product and development teams to ensure that architecture aligns with high-availability and scalability goals.
What you’ll need:
- Strong Linux server experience.
- Use of PaaS systems such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services or similar cloud hosting.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Configuration management experience (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc).
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies.
- Experience deploying and managing kubernetes clusters.
- Experience managing deployment pipelines with Jenkins.
We are Field Nation
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We connect independent contractors to business needs, and business needs to contractors. We’re a software company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work and manage their business.
Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal voted us most promising start-up in 2016 and we’re Growth Equity backed. Field Nation is an equal opportunity employer.